Bitrez Polymers and Chemicals
- Bitrez is a resin manufacturer that holds the UK’s coveted Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation. They are a design and manufacturing specialists in polymers & synthetic resins over 2 facilities in the North West of England offering an extensive range of highly innovative materials developed for a broad range of markets.
- Bitrez plant relies on an un-interrupted flow of cooling water throughout the site to maintain safe and effective production. There are 3 main cooling pipe systems, the main system is a redundant 55kW pumping system.
- Bitrez only had manual changeover from the system pump to the standby pump. Due to the lack of changeover the primary system pump has a very high workload in comparison to it’s ‘offline’ redundant sister.
- This in turn causes variable availability on the redundant pump / motor seizing due to lack of use.
- No data was being captured to the work hours of either pump making preventative maintenance hard to predict.
- HTS Group was approached to design, build and commission a twin pump control panel that would provide automatic changeover not only on primary pump failure but at periodic timeframes to allow ‘available immediate use’ of the standby pump / motor.